GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

Pillars
Digital Print
Time Spasm - Digital Miniprint Exhibition
Le Centre d'artistes Voix Visuelle, Ottawa

Everything has a price! A very active year on the art side has had a major impact on my blogging activity and with a few more art projects in the cooker, the next three months appear to be heading in a similar direction. I will adapt.

I left my "day job" almost 4 years ago and what a ride it's been since then. The last few months have been particularly hectic and I've learned that hectic is physically and emotionally demanding. For me, art making requires serious periods of reflection and incubation. When I'm on a tight schedule, I begin to feel like a machine that keeps churning things out. 


Tarantella (Death and the Maiden series)
Mixed media on paper
Le Temps Dérape Exhibition with Le Cercle Neuf
Galerie de la Ville, DDO

BUT for most artists, the dilemma has always been and continues to be finding the perfect balance between creating time and earning a livelihood. Artists teach, provide related services, or do completely irrelevant work to meet their basic needs, often at the expense of time required for art making and research.

The bummer is that time, like money is not a limitless resource. At day job retirement, temporal windows do an Alice in Wonderland number and rapidly shrink. Poof! The great realization? Creating days are numbered! What a grotesque equation! 



As I became a cat
Acrylic on canvas
Le Miroir Capricieux solo show
Musée régional de Vaudreuil-Soulanges, Vaudreuil-Dorion

Thus and therefore, I have come to the realization that a hectic adventure it must be, reflection and incubation be damned! Get it while you can because someday the response will be "Sorry, but I can no longer."


Too hip to be square (Resting Acrobat)
Acrylic on wood panel
Lattices and Interstices exhibition
Galerie de la Ville, DDO



Une Star (front view)
City of Vaudreuil-Dorion outdoor project
Project: Cultivez son étincelle, une étoile à la fois

Une Star (back view)
City of Vaudreuil-Dorion outdoor project
Project: Cultivez son étincelle, une étoile à la fois

HAPPY HECTIC 2019!

Comments