La la la la la la la la la la la la...she thinks she's in control!
Her eyes are dry.
Her brain is mush.
Her lists are long.
- Make "sucre à la crème" for everybody and their brother. (Secondary List 2: Buy butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, evaporated milk). Wreck the first couple of batches. Have partner lick up pan of hard toffee. Start again. Rub stirring arm with anti-pain gel that evening.
- Make shortbread cookies (Secondary List 3: Buy more butter, icing sugar, maraschino cherries, flour (white, unbleached). Rub kneading arms with anti-pain gel that evening.
- Find tree/decorations in crawl space. Put up and decorate tree. Rub crawling muscles with anti-pain gel the next day.
- Find and hang the friggin' wreath.
- Try to decide which works to hang for show in government building next week.
- Prepare list of tags and bio for exhibit. Decide on other works. Change and retype the tag list. Decide on other works. Retype the stupid list. Email to organization.
- Hang exhibit. Rub sore arms and upper back with anti-pain gel that evening.
- Finish small painting required for show in February. Repaint small painting.
- Take down show at another space. Unpack works from hatchback. Wrap works for storage. Buy more masking tape.
- Make a mix of various varnishes to obtain a perfect result. Varnish three paintings. Hate the result.
- Dye roots. Make holiday streaks. Contemplate having a pink one and forget about it.
- Reflect on what to eat at holiday gatherings. Fall back on Mexican favourite, Mazatlan Madness. Turkey? What turkey?
- Reflect on wine, beer and other unhealthy beverages. Buy the usual.
- Attend various holiday gatherings and secretly reflect on lists.
- Advance large pen and ink drawing which will take weeks to finish. (What WAS I thinking?)
- Create and email e-Holiday card that will end up in everyone's spam folder.
- Write blog entry before Christmas. This is it!
- Finish Pig Pub painting. Almost done! Why is there always a last bit that begs for another solution? (Part of work in progress below).
Accomplished this week:
- Made my first "sucre à la crème" last night. It's ready to cut into bite sized pieces. I didn't wreck the first batch. YAY!
- Wrapped and put away some paintings from a previous show. Had to take everything out from the heated storage space first. Kitchen reappeared.
- My partner painted my office walls but trim still needs doing. Other rooms will reappear after the job is finished.
- Went to a holiday party and actually managed to forget my list.
- Prepared video on my creative process for Creative Mondays. This is the result. Enjoy!
I'm off to retype my list of tags!
Ah the life of the artist - multitasking in a mess with feeling but the end result absolutely worth it. You can call it The Passionate Oink!ReplyDelete
I love that! The Passionate Oink! There's a painting in there somewhere!Delete